In the line of the previous release, Printoid v18.01 brings you major changes in the user interface, especially regarding the dashboard. I made a lot of improvements to modernize the interface.
You will then find a new look of the different buttons used in the app, and some screens that have been reworked to be a bit more compliant with the new app design.
New app design
Very soon a lot of other screens will be reworked to provide you a better user experience. Stay tuned!
New customizable actions in the dashboard
Before you were able to select up to 4 of your custom commands as “show on home” commands.
I’ve removed this logic. Now you have by default 4 empty blocs in the dashboard, around the X/Y controls. By clicking on them, you will access to a brand new screen that allows you to select a custom action.
A custom action could be:
- One of your custom commands (GCODE, SSH, OctoPrint system, or HTTP request) = execute the command on click
- One of the available plugins = open the plugin page on click
- One of the misc: only “empty” for the moment if you don’t want to use these available blocs
In the next releases of the app, I will improve the available actions. For example, you will be able to select one of your configured actions in the Enclosure plugin, and show it as its own button in your dashboard.
Thanks to your reporting by email, I’ve fixed a lot of issues introduced in the v18.00, and especially:
- The app freeze while you were showing your video streaming
- Connection issues with the widgets
- Timelapses location after downloading them
- Printoid Hub not showing well the printer status
- and much more.
Progressive release:– If the update is still not available yet for you, please be patient, it will available very soon for everyone.
– Please do not ask me for the APK by email, Google Play is the only vector of distribution you shall trust. Moreover, I don’t not compile APK files anymore, but rather Android AppBundle only.
✏ New app look & feel
✏ New customizable actions in the dashboard
🔧 Fix streaming freezes the app
🔧 Fix Printoid Hub not showing printer status
🔧 Fix timelapses, files & snapshot download location
🔧 Fix the widgets
🔧 Fix a lot of bugs reported by the users
☀️ Notes de version
✏ Nouveau look de l’application
✏ Nouvelles actions personnalisables dans le dashboard
🔧 Fix du streaming bloquant l’application
🔧 Fix de Printoid Hub n’affichant plus l’état des imprimantes
🔧 Fix de la localisation des téléchargements (timelapses, fichiers…)
🔧 Fix des widgets
🔧 Fix de nombreux bugs reportés par les utilisateurs