Android Marshmallow introduced an API for the developers to let the application appearing in the quick settings from the notification panel.
Printoid v7.06 integrates this API in order to let you add the Printoid icon in your own notifications panel to quickly show the video streaming.
Really useful for those you are frequently remove the floating icon, which can be a bit annoying over some applications 😉
How to activate the quick setting tile
First, be sure that you have:
- Installed at least Printoid v7.06
- An Android phone or tablet with Android 6.0 or more
- Turned ON the screen overlay setting for Printoid
1/ Expand the notifications panel twice in order to show the overlay menu:
2/ Click on ‘Edit’:
3/ Check at the bottom of the screen, you should have the new Printoid icon:
4/ Drag and drop the icon where you want in the top part of the screen:
5/ Click on ‘Done’. Now you have the Printoid icon in the expanded quick settings tiles:
6/ If you’ve placed the Printoid icon in the first quick settings tiles, then you will also find the icon in the collapsed notifications panel:
How does it work?
- Click on the icon to activate the floating icon (the video will be automatically opened)
- Click on the icon to close the floating icon video (the floating icon will not be deleted)
More informations about the Android quick settings tiles here.