I’m proud to announce you the new Printoid frame for the end of this (terrible) year 🙂
As discussed with some of you, one aspect in particular stands out: you want to customize your experience in the application.
After a long thought, I want to announce you that I’m currently working on a brand new dashboard that you’ll be able to customize to your taste and to fit your exact needs.
Soon, you will be able to select the information you want to display on the dashboard of the app when:
- Your printer is idle:
– Most of you want to be able to prepare your printer for a job (bed, chamber, hot head, etc…)
– Some of you want some facilities to change their filaments (such as Simple Filament Change embedded in Marlin, see this plugin)
– Some of you want more custom commands in the dashboard (currently you can set up to 4 custom commands across the d-pad)
- You have a printing job running:
– Most of you want to have more room dedicated to the current job information
– Some of you do not care about the list of files while a job is running
That’s why I’m currently reworking the architecture of the app in order to provide you something more compliant with your needs.
What’s new in Printoid v16.00
In fact you will probably not notice the big changes made behind the hood. But this version is made to experience those changes in production, after 5 weeks of beta testing.
But this version also comes with a lot of design refinements: in a short term, the interface will become more modern, more intuitive too.
Here are some screenshots of the new interface 🙂
To go further
You will also notice that I’ve changed the main theme of the app. Now the default one is BLUE 2020. You can change the theme from the App settings, under the “UI” tab.
I’ve also changed the screenshots published on Google Play, on the website, on Patreon, on Twitter, on Facebook, etc.
This will be the new artistic direction, for all the incoming communication and for the website.
As usual, feel free to tell me if you like it or not. For sure, I’ll follow your ideas, claims, complaints, etc. in the next versions of the app.
In Printoid v16.00, it is no more possible to use the local backup & restore feature, for the benefit of the Printoid account synchronization in the cloud.
Indeed, Android 10 and 11 both bring a major change on the way the app can access to the files on your device.
This way, the local backup & restore feature became incompatible with the new Google’s direction, especially regarding the communication between two instances of Printoid (especially LITE vs PREMIUM).
Moreover, this solution was totally outdated. It was not convenient at all to synchronize devices manually using a folder or a zip file. The cloud synchronization is much more convenient. Be sure that this solution is safe, your configuration & settings are encrypted and no one can have an access online than you.
Progressive release:– If the update is still not available yet for you, please be patient, it will available very soon for everyone.
– Please do not ask me for the APK by email, Google Play is the only vector of distribution you shall trust. Moreover, I don’t not compile APK files anymore, but rather Android AppBundle only.
✏ Lot of design refinements
🔧 Lot of bugfixes
🍂 Notes de version
✏ Nombreuses améliorations graphiques
🔧 Nombreux fixes de bugs