Printoid v14 is a major release of the app!
- If the update is still not available yet for you, please be patient, it will available very soon for everyone.
- Please do not ask me for the APK by email, Google Play is the only vector of distribution you shall trust. Moreover, I don’t not compile APK files anymore, but rather Android AppBundle only.
A lot of you are enjoying the current dashboard, all-in-one. Let’s call this dashboard the “Grid” mode. But, the other part of users wanted something more… standard.
Printoid v14 introduces a new dashboard mode, the “Tabs” mode! It is the facelift you guys were waiting for a while 😉
On opening the app for the first time / or after the release, you will be prompted to choose your favorite dashboard mode.
Don’t worry, you will be able to change it again later from the App’s settings.
Here is how the Tabs mode looks like:
As you can see, in fact, the Tabs mode display the main cards in fullscreen, like you were able to do before. The main change is regarding the navigation, using a bottom bar with 4 icons to switch (very) quickly between the different cards.
Here is a short video, showing you the new user experience and the new navigation mode:
Your feedback is important
Feel free to send me your feedback regarding this new dashboard mode, especially if:
- You love it!
- You dislike it, and why?
- You have ideas to improve it
- This version of the app has been tested before the release during 2 weeks, by 43 amazing beta-testers. Thanks a lot to them for their feedback and their efforts to make the app better!
- Please do not ask me to add the video streaming as a new tab. It is already planned.
- Please do not ask me to add the video streaming in the “Monitor” screen. It is NOT planned
✏ Brand new dashboard mode: Tabs! This is the facelift you were all waiting for!
✏ Switch between dashboard mode from the app’s settings
✏ Reorder your OctoPrint profiles with drag-n-drop on pictures
🔧 Brand new notifications management
🍂 Notes de version
✏ Nouveau mode de dashboard : par onglets ! Voici le lifting de l’app que vous attendiez tous !
✏ Passez d’un mode de dashboard à l’autre depuis les paramètres de l’appli
✏ Réordonnez vos profils OctoPrint via glisser-déposer
🔧 Nouvelle gestion des notifications